About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: IoT/embedded systems engineer
Industry: Greentech – circular instead of linear
Company size: 3-10
Company type: Private
Sensors (image sensors, infrared motion etc), Yocto, MQTT, linux, PCB
GRIN is set out to disrupt non-sustainable consumption and environmental pollution through our cutting edge technology.
Our technology motivates people to return products to our return machines after use, so that the products can be reused or recycled after use. This will prevent littering, pollution and ensure resource optimization.
GRIN uses sensor technology to validate that objects have been returned and through the use of IOT we send information about returned products to our cloud where information is processed so that we can reward users, either through bonus programmes, money deposits or gamification nudges.
As our IoT/embedded systems engineer you will have to make strategic component and software choices to get our products ready for customers. Given some of the challenges we set out to solve, we expect that you are willing to learn new technologies as part of your job and find this motivating (as the rest of the team).
In this role you will be pivotal in building a new service that a sustainable future depends on.
- Help decide local vs cloud based detection of what is delivered
- Ensure secure data transfer to backend system
- Build IoT integration to control update/monitor the deployed products
- Setup factory test
- Build scalable software
- Decide upon embedded computer and develop firmware
- Integrate sensors and computer vision on PCB with FW code
- Create over the air update system
- Secure backend communication
- Collaborate with our backend team to ensure frictionless integration
- Take time to learn and develop your skills in case we need to use language or solutions new to you
- Write clean, modern, testable, well-documented code for each iteration
- Integrating physical sensors into embedded linux systems
- PCB design
- IoT experience
- Embedded linux
- Writing clean code
We look for people who
- Are flexible with different frameworks and workflows
- Are willing to learn and develop their skill base
- Are fluent in English, written and spoken
- Have good time-management skills, and work effectively
- Enjoy creating a good culture at work, where work is fun
- Able to collaborate with and enlighten coworkers who are new to your domain of expertise
- Like collaborating with other technical domains (such as backend developer and hardware designers)
- Competitive salary
- Stock ownership
- A unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a cutting edge technology domain with huge impact
- An opportunity to create and shape technology that will help us transition to a sustainable society
- A key role in a young startup with great ambitions
- A working environment with highly talented and engaged people who care about helping each other out
- Office location in the city of Oslo, Norway @Startuplab.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org