About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: Full Stack Developer
Industry: Greentech – circular instead of linear
Company size: 3-10
Company type: Private
Infrastructure as code written for deployment, cloud provider and services (AWS or Google Cloud) terraform, Web API (GraphQL/Rest + Appropriate SDK)
GRIN is set out to disrupt non-sustainable consumption and environmental pollution through our cutting edge technology. Yes, we’re a small startup, but we collaborate with some of the largest companies in the world, to ensure their linear products become circular.
Our technology motivates people to return products to our return machines after use, so that the products can be reused or recycled after use. This will prevent littering, pollution and ensure resource optimization.
GRIN uses sensor technology to validate that objects have been returned and through use of IOT we send information about returned products to our cloud where information is processed so that we can reward users, either through bonus programmes, money deposits or gamification nudges.
As our first full time, full stack developer you will have to make strategic architecture choices and set up a modular cloud service system and begin coding. Given some of the challenges we set out to solve, we expect that you are willing to learn new technologies as part of your job and find this motivating (as the rest of the team).
In this role you will be pivotal in building a new service that a sustainable future depends on.
- Make infrastructure, language and cloud choices to shape our backend development
- Begin to build the most important parts of the modular architecture
- Collaborate with our firmware developer to ensure compatibility and implement findings from research projects we are involved in.
- Delegate tasks to external developers
- Take time to learn and develop your skills in case we need to use language or solutions new to you
- Design and develop new scalable and versatile services and APIs
- Ensure we build a robust core with external layers that are flexible
- Write clean, modern, testable, well-documented code for each iteration
- Deploy device fleet management system
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experienced in node.js/TypeScript/GO/could be modern Java such as springboot or fully competent in another coding language (Please specify when applying)
- Preferably worked with backend services that interact with hardware and use IoT to process data (either on firmware, or in the cloud) that can be provided other parties
We look for people who
- Are flexible with different frameworks and workflows
- Are willing to learn and develop their skill base
- Are fluent in English, written and spoken
- Have good time-management skills, and work effectively
- Enjoy creating a good culture at work, where work is fun
- Able to collaborate with and enlighten coworkers who are new to your domain of expertise
- Competitive salary
- Stock ownership
- A unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a cutting edge technology domain with huge impact
- An opportunity to create and shape technology that will help us transition to a sustainable society
- A key role in a young startup with great ambitions
- A working environment with highly talented and engaged people who care about helping each other out
- Office location in the city of Oslo, Norway @Startuplab.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org